USB Printing

I am trying to get an HP Deskjet 880C working under linux over USB and my linux box (running sid) can't seem to find/access it. I was actually able to cat /dev/usb/lp0 and get something back (an Input/Output error). However, no auto-magical configuration program seems to want to detect it. Is there some sort of trick that I should do to get this working with USB or would I be better off putting it back on the parallel cable?

Peace,
DAVE