Re: Apache reads from wrong DocumentRoot

Yes, you did misunderstand. You see, I use dyndns to provide a permanent
dns name for foo.com, as foo.com is on an adsl line. I also tried
setting NameVirtualHost foo.com, which made no difference (it shouldn't
either, really).

Help..?

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 07:50:03AM +0200, Martin Kacerovsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 12:17:13AM +0200, The sky is the limit wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after I changed ISP yesterday, my APache suddenly decided to totally
> > ignore my virtual host directives and read from DocumentRoot
> > /usr/htdocs, something I have never set it to do.
> >
> > I use dyndns for virtual hosts, and my apache vhost config is
> >
> > NameVirtualHost foo.dyndns.org
> >
> > <VirtualHost blabla.foo.com>
> > 	DocumentRoot /usr/foo/dir/
> > </VirtualHost>
> >
> > Why does apache apparently "ignore" this?
>
> It seems that you've configured Virtual Host as foo.dydns.org,
> but DocumentRoot is set in section for blabla.foo.com ...
> So change <VirtualHost blabla.foo.com> -> <VirtualHost foo.dydns.org>
>
> I hope I haven't misunderstood you, because it seems pretty
> obvious to me.
>
> Bye.
> --
>  Martin Kacerovsky      <wizard@matfyz.cz>   http://wizard.matfyz.cz
>  PGP 0x4CEC2A62 : 84F6 C043 AC1A 1591 ED80  9498 30C4 7ABE 4CEC 2A62

Med vennlig hilsen

Håvard Stranden, <havarden@cloudchaser.net>
(GPG key available at http://www.cloudchaser.net/om/?p=gpg)

"The box said Windows 95 or better, so I installed Linux..."