Re: Fdisk sees only 33.8 out of 60 MB

Hello David Raeker-Jordan,

perhaps, that's the tip for you:

keep the harddisk jumpered to use the _full_ capacity, e.g. 60GB,
use a 2.4.20-Kernel,

.config-File:

#
# IDE, ATA and ATAPI Block devices
#
CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE=y

edited by make menuconfig.

That means, to activate in the kernel the resize-function for big IDE-Harddisks.
Compile the Kernel and restart your system.
Forget screwdrivers, BIOS-Updates, ATA100-Cards or a new Motherboards
and , at last, avoid the fit of rage....
That's the easiest and the most intelligent way to get the
full harddisk-capacity!
I tried it successfully on my old (1997) Pentium I, 166MMX-System with
a Western Digital 60GB-Harddisk on Debian 3.0r1 !

Greetings and good success

Christoph