Re: [~OT] tax program for linux

Paul Johnson was roused into action on 2003-03-31 11:08 and wrote:
[snip]
 I probably
won't be buying a house until I get a Canadian visa.  I really wish
they hadn't changed the immigration requirements back in January, or
I'd have one right now instead of being basically at square one again
and another few years out from being eligable again.

I really cannot understand why you want to immigrate to Canada. This place is just as bureaucratic as the US, but in different places, as you're finding out before you even arrive. And look at who is running the country - Liberals. Do you know what Liberals are like? As an example take a look at my new sig. This guy practically ran the country through the Finance Ministry for 8 years or so, and he's one of the smarter ones.

On the plus side, the Canadian version of TurboTax, QuickTax, does not appear to employ the strange things that its US counterpart. My father installed it on his comp and I could find no trace of the rumored nasty stuff (moreover, Intuit denies that it exists in the Canadian version).

--
David P. James
4th Year Economics Student

I have said clearly that at a moment such as this Canada must,
and must be seen to, speak with one voice. That is the voice
of our Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister.
-Paul Martin, Fmr. Finance Minister & Liberal Leadership Hopeful