lilo troubles

Hi, all,

A routine upgrade last night of my sid system installed the new lilo package
(1:22.5-1)  On boot this morning lilo gives me just "L 40 40 40 40 40" etc.
I have seen similar problem reports suggesting this can be fixed by adding
"lba32" to /etc/lilo.conf and by ensuring that lba is enabled in the BIOS.
I already had both.  Other comments have suggested that lilo 22.5 is
particularly sensitive to conflicts with some video BIOSes.

In any case I am looking for a solution and was hopeful that others have
already found a solution.  I notice no bugs of this type have been filed
against lilo.  Given the current state of my system information is not
particularly pentifull.  Sorry.

Yours,

Streph