Re: Does anyone know an application that ....

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 14:23, dave selby wrote:
> Hi all, Now playing with web pages, mozilla composer is great, got hang of it
> now.
>
> I neet an ftp transport program to get my masterpeices from my drive to the
> ftp site. Mozilla will do this one page at a time, I need to move directories
> to ftp.

are you using gnome or kde?  nautilus and konqueror both allow you to
browse ftp and sftp directories as if they were local file systems.
(type ftp://user:password@ftp.isp.com into the location bar.) i use scp
or lftp in an xterm, but neither of those are probably what you're
looking for.

> I also need "site statistics software" or "traffic analysis software", again
> preferably with a GUI, any suggestions ?

check out webalizer.  it takes apache logs and outputs webpages that
look like this: http://dividedsky.net/stats/

if you want a raw traffic analyzer, you can use mrtg, although it's much
more complicated to set up than webalizer.

--
Fred Smith <fps@dividedsky.net>
Divided Sky Internet