Re: Compiling xcircuit

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 10:33:16PM -0500, David Z Maze wrote:

   > Yeah, sorry.  :-/  (I'm having some issues with the autoconfiscation,
   > which aren't hard to work around, I just haven't had the time.  I
   > should stop taking classes.)

Sorry for what? I am sorry that I am bothering people like you who put
in lot of efforts to make debian what it is.

   > The Debian build of xcircuit doesn't use the Tcl wrapper, but it does
   > use the Python wrapper.  If neither of these mean anything to you, you
   > probably don't need either.

Yes :-( My understanding of the situation is this: the widget set used
by xcircuit/xfig is Xaw based. If as the docs suggest, I can get tk
widgets for the UI, it will be nice. That is the reason of my
compilation experiment.

   > It looks like this falls out of the Tcl wrappers.  Digging through the
   > Makefile.am, you might want to run 'make tcl' before running the main
   > 'make'.

No luck. Same problem. I still do not like the Makefile generated
automatically. I have to add directories of xlibs and tcllibs and
include files. It somehow does not check and get them.

   > Good luck...

I need it :-)

Regards,

--