Re: Use a Firewall, Go to Jail?

Hi,

Well, although I don't live in the US, their laws have surprised me from
time to time.

However, I read this as:

1) Don't spoof your IP address.
2) Don't sniff packets not belonging to you.

With encrypted e-mail channels, communications are still between your ISP
(if they store your e-mail) and yourself, so no problem there. And hey, if
they store your e-mail, they know the 'from' and 'to' fields anyway.

With NAT, communications cannot be pin-pointed to a single computer, but
still to an ISP's subscriber, so no problem there.

I don't know what they want to achieve with a bill like this, but
firewalls will not be banned.

That's my opinion, anyway, ;-)

David