Re: Shell based text editor for writing prose

John Griffiths said on Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 11:32:37AM +1000:
> > vim also has some neat search features, syntax highlighting (if your
> > prose happens to be C, Lisp, or some other code), online help, and a
> > bunch of others.
> >

> Thanks for that, I should clarify that the language I want to write in
> is english (ok, australian english - close) and i want it to be read,
> primarily, by people, not interpreters or compilers.

Honestly, I don't know that there is a good console "wordpad.exe" like editor.
nano is probably the closest to what you are looking for, with emacs being a
(much more complex but featureful) second.

Personally, I use emacs and/or vim, and find that they handle prose well;
however, there is a steep learning curve for both of them, and if you just want
to jump in and go, a simpler and less powerful editor might be better.