Log rotation

I currently have a daemon logging each day's worth of activity into a
separate daily log with the daemon-month.date.year format.
Unfortunately, I cannot change the options of HOW it is logged or what
it is named.

I really only want to keep a weeks worth of logs, and have tried to use
logrotate to handle all the rotation and removal. In short, it doesn't
seem to be working. From what I can tell, logrotate is better suited at
rotating a single log file, not logs that change the filename daily
(such as an apache log).

I guess the last resort would be to create some sort of shell script
that would run in cron once a day and delete the oldest file in the log

Any other ideas that I might be missing? Thanks.

  Matthew Daubenspeck