Re: Mozilla idealab link

Paul M Foster wrote:
I'm running testing, and the Mozilla that comes with it. Every time I
start the program, it goes to a local page on my hard drive which has my
favorite links on it. Immediately thereafter, before I do anything else,
it jumps to http://find.idealab.com. This is pretty obnoxious behavior. I've cleaned out caches, removed and blocked all cookies, etc. I've even
scanned all the mozilla files in my ~/.mozilla directories for the
idealab string. No matter what, it still does it. Anyone know why? Is
there a fix for this?

Paul

You have to modify the "startup" page from the Debian defaults.

Under "Edit" --> "Preferences" --> "Navigator" select "Home page" as the startup display, then type in your favorite URL under the "Home Page" section in the middle. If you go to the "favorite" or startup page in Mozilla before you do the above you can simply select the option "Use Current Page".

Once you do this Mozilla should startup in your "home" page selected above. This has always worked for me here....

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-