Re: Graphical SSH/SFTP client for KDE?

-- JS Bangs <jaspax@u.washington.edu> wrote
(on Monday, 31 March 2003, 11:59 AM -0800):
> This there a good client for joined ssh/sftp sessions that runs under KDE
> that Debian supports? I've searched through the listings that dselect
> gives me and googled, but nothing leaps out. AxyFTP looks rather crude and
> doesn't clearly say whether or not it supports SFTP, and kdessh doesn't
> run on my computer for some reason. Basically what I'd like is a Linux
> version of the Windows SSH client, which costs money but is provided free
> by my university :-).

gFTP definitely does sftp -- but not a joined ssh/sftp session (by which
I take it to mean that you have a term at the bottom for an ssh shell
when logged in for sftp?)

If you just need an ssh shell, fire up a console (konsole in KDE) and
ssh to the server using 'ssh username@servername'; you can do this at
the same time that you've got gftp up if you can't find another
graphical FTP client that's SFTP capable.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net