compiling testing for unstable

Hi,

I have a box with a cd-writer which also acts as a file/print/internet
server, so I run stable (just to be on the safe side). Now I would like to
have cdrdao, but that is only available for testing. Of course, I could
recompile the whole thing from source and be done with it, but I'd like to
do it 'the Debian way'. So:

apt-get source cdrdao

gets cdrdao from testing (I set up apt with stable and testing and
APT::Default-Release "stable") but when I want to compile it, it wants to
have a bunch of libraries, especially for the GUI. I don't mind to install
them all, compile the whole thing and then only install the cdrdao package
(without the GUI) and consider it a waste of bandwidth, CPU time and
go on with my life without caring. BUT,

1) Is there a simple way to install the packages needed to compile cdrdao?
(I tried apt-get build-deb cdrdao, but it bailes).

2) Maybe even more important, is there a simple way to get rid of _all_
installed packages which I only needed for compiling cdrdao and won't need
since I won't use the GUI?

Hope you can help,

David