Re: Help with DRM / DRI on Matrox G400

On 31-Mar-2003 Paul Mackinney wrote:
> briand@aracnet.com declaimed:
>>
>>   Paul> I don't have a device /dev/dri/card0. Am I supposed to be
>>   Paul> running devfs?  Kernel config shows
>>
>>   Paul> $ grep DEVFS config-2.4.20-k6 CONFIG_DEVFS_FS=y #
>>   Paul> CONFIG_DEVFS_MOUNT is not set # CONFIG_DEVFS_DEBUG is not set
>>
>> You need that card device:
>>
>> ~ $ ls -ld /dev/dri
>> drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Jan 22 14:10 /dev/dri
>> ~ $ ls -l /dev/dri
>> total 0
>> crw-rw-rw-    1 root     video    226,   0 Jan 22 14:10 card0
>>
>> Sorry but I didn't see the start of the thread.  Another thing you will
>> also need is agp support (agpgart).
>>
>> be sure and load the agpgart module _before_ starting X.
>>
>> Brian

> the device node was created somehow, and DRI is loading fine. Still not
> enough to allow this tired old K6-III/450 to play DVDs, though :-(
>
> Thanks for everyone's help
>
> Paul
Hmm...I've got a DH G400 on my AMD K6-II/450, and DVDs play fine for me.
Actually play better under Linux than under Windows. Although the DVD apps
under Linux I have tend to be more glitchy.  But the system w/ video card if
quite adequate.

Arlen Carlson <arlen@carlsontech.net>

BOFH excuse #403:

Sysadmin didn't hear pager go off due to loud music from bar-room speakers.

This message was sent by XFmail (Linux)

                        -o)
                        /\\
                       _\_v