RE: LWN: Ptrace vulnerability in 2.2 and 2.4 kernels

According to one of the original posts on this (from Alan maybe?
can't remember), there are three or four cases in which this wouldn't
be exploitable.  A kernel which doesn't use modules is one of those
cases.  The kernel on my firewall is monolithic and I was not
successfully when attempting to gain root access using exploits
already made public.

YMMV.

j.

--