Re: How do I "apt-get upgrade" the kernel for debian-390?

On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 23:29, Peter Farley wrote:
> But what are these ".udeb" files?  Are these "unstable
> deb's"?  I would rather install at least a testing
> kernel, I'm not quite ready to be on the bleeding
> edge.

udebs are debs for the new installer.  I dont think you should use these
on a active system.  They are cut down alot and I dont even know if dpkg
will even install them.  You really should look into building your own
kernel with kernel-package.  I have never used s390, so take my advice
as someone who doesnt use that port.
--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>