Re: scsi emulation howto (was Re: buying a cd writer)

Joris Huizer wrote:
Thanks ernst and everybody else who responded !

As I read it, I think I'll try the lite on 48x 24x 48x
CD-RW Drive which is offered by the company where I
bought this computer.

You're note on scsi made me think I'll probably need
that too - and I don't have it yet.
I did a search on "scsi emulation" but I got limited
results - one of the best is
http://www.apexdesignsllc.com/linux_6.htm but it is
SUSE specific and the line in /etc/modules.conf "alias scsi_hostadapter off " isn't there

Can anybody provide a howto on scsi emulation in
Debian ? I'm using a 2.2.20 kernel and I hope I don't
have to compile a hole new kernel for this scsi
emulation;

I mention this as I found somebody else had probs on
it in a 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200211/msg03294.html)

Thanks for any help,

Joris