Re: What's the std print config tool

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 at 11:46am, Lindsay Yardley wrote:

:G'day all,
:What is the standard printer configuration tool used by debian 3 r0. I'm
:trying to install a printer but the documentation is not helping me at
:all. If I could find the config tool name that'd be a start, perhaps
:then the Printing HowTo will make more sense.

I'm not sure it's "standard," but CUPS (Common UNIX Printing System) seems
favored.  See http://www.cups.org/ and then use aptitude (or your
preferred package tool) to install the packages.  (I don't recall all the
package names, but a search for 'cups' should turn them up.)

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*