Re: Programing Question

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 12:09:44AM -0600, Harley D. Eades III wrote:
> Hello,
>    This might be off topic, but I hope someone can answer a question
> for me. Is there any documentation on parport.h parport_pc.h.  I seem to
> get err's when I try to use either of them.
> Do you have to link to a lib? I am not shere I am trying to learn more
> about devices and such. Any help will be appreciated.

You might try Documentation/parport.txt and
Documentation/parport-lowlevel.txt in the kernel source tree.

Your question is a bit vague. What are you trying to do? What errors
do you get?

Shots in the dark: Have you got "Support for user space parallel port
drivers" (CONFIG_PPDEV) enabled in your kernel config? Have you
installed/played with libieee1284/libieee1284-dev?

Pigeon