Re: [OT] Sacramento broadband ???

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 01:05:08AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 07:55:11AM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> > California has the largest economy in the union.  It has the largest
> > population and is the third largest in area.  Runt?  I think your
> > projecting.
>
> Maybe not in size, but go outside California and people don't treat it
> like the center of the universe that California thinks it is (in fact,
> the political ego problem and general inconsideration of the residents
> to those outside thier borders tends to make a Californian walking
> around some more rural parts of surrounding states about as welcome as
> a US Marine in downtown Baghdad and considered annoyingly harmful in
> the more urban areas).

See, but you're showing your prejudice that you even think that
Californians think they are the center of the universe.  It's no more
true than it is for anywhere else in the U.S.  People in the U.S. are
generally parochial (think locally, act globally).  I've been to almost
every state in the union, and most major urban centers.  That I was from
California never seemed to matter much (except the funny accents some
other people have !).

Prejudice based on geography is just as insidious as prejudice based on
race or ethnicity.

--
echo ">gra.fcw@2ztr< eryyvZ .T pveR" | rot13 | reverse