Re: Antivirus in Debian?

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 12:10:47AM -0300, Santiago Hirschfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Woody in my home computer, and i was wondering if it is a good
> idea to install an antivirus, if it is...what should i use? should i use it
> to scan mails and files? can someone give me some hints?

  I am happy to report that I have been running debian for almost a year
  in my home computer without a single virus. ;-)
  Other things can cause larger problems.

  You would be well advised to protect your system from intruders or
  other malicious activities. Unlike my computer at work, ( Win 98 ) I need
  not worry about attachments to email running amok.  Most virus writers
  want to infect "MS Windows" rather than free operating systems like
  Debian GNU/Linux.

  Your Woody machine is like a "tank", properly secured it can take you
  where you want to go, but don't leave the doors open and the engine
  running.

  Please check the Debian Documentation for tips on Securing Debian.

  Welcome Aboard!
  Dan Hunt