Re: reporting a bug

Francis Lau <fkwlau@student.math.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> /usr/bin/ld: Please report this bug.
>
> Can anyone please advise me on how to report the bug?  I went on the
> Debian BTS and tried to search for it, but it requires a bug by number
> (which i don't have) or package name (which i don't know how to find).

'dpkg -S /usr/bin/ld' will tell you.  (In this case, the answer
happens to be 'binutils'.)  I recommend using reportbug to report bugs
if you do happen to have come across something new.

In your particular case (trying to install wu-ftpd), you could just
use the Debian package instead; wu-ftpd 2.6.2 is in stable, testing,
and unstable.

	-- Abra Mitchell