Re: xpdf

> > Obvious poking around doesn't suggest a way for gv or ghostview to do
> > full-screen mode.  You might be able to put something together quickly
> > that embeds gs; if it were me and I cared quite enough, I'd spend an
> > hour or so trying to figure out if a quick hack was possible.  Good
> > luck...
>
> If time is short, you might consider this.  I just did it for a job
> talk, but it is not an elegant solution.  I use fvwm with a 3x3
> virtual desktop.  I simply sized gv so that one of the nine views of
> the virtual desktop was the slide.  The menu bar, sidebar, and
> scrollbars were off the screen on the adjacent portions of the virtual
> desktop, so it looked like the fullscreen slideshow.  HTH.

Luckily, time is not short (the talk will be on monday) and I can live
without anti-aliased eps. Unfortunately, I really can't begin to show my
institution's logo, since the text underneath it simply is too ugly and
unintelligible to show people that presentations in physics actually _can_
be done without PowerPoint and Windows and with LaTeX (nice formulas) and
Linux (nice and stable OS). <sigh> In gv, the logo looks beautiful. Maybe
I can resize it and 'anti-aliase' it with some program like the gimp? Any
ideas?

David