synaptic issues...

	I've been trying to do some upgrading to testing.  I installed the
newest synaptic (I like the interface logic better than aptitude) but it
seems to puke when I try to upgrade some things.

	I walked away from it for it to finish after a *long* download (5+
hours) and I came back to a shutdown computer (which may be a hardware
problem?).  I checked /var/cache/apt and most of the files have been
downloaded--but when I re-run synaptic to install the debs, it gives me
a seg fault.

	Should I just stick with apt-get?  I liked being able to browse
available packages in X...aptitude's interface is way to clunky for me
(too many places to get lost, IMHO).

	Thanx for the help.