Re: LPRng and LaserWriter 8.7.1 Very Slow

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 06:35:26PM -0800, Nate Slater wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience setting up LPRng for Mac clients? Do I need
> to take special measures?

I've done it, but don't have any insights to offer, I'm afraid.  For my OS
X box (iBook), it was just a question of pointing to the queue on the Linux
box.  For my OS 9 box (PMac 6100/66 w/ G3), it was about the same.

The only difference here is that I have real LaserWriters.  Yes, the Mac
can print to them directly, but I want the queue management taking place on
the Linux box.

> This is my first post here. I hope it's not off-topic since I am running
> LPRng on a Debian box. I'd be happy to provide more details, but I didn't
> want to bother you with unnecessary ones.

What is LPRng *doing* while it's trying to spool this job?  Waiting on a
filter?  It sounds like it's not the daemon having the problem, but a
filter, since if you set up a bounce queue things spool immediately.

Just an idea.

--
 Marc Wilson |     A fool and his honey are soon parted.
 msw@cox.net |