Re: OT: VMS / WNT [was: Re: Official Exim 4 package]

Thus spake Pigeon:
> The so-called NT kernel? *Vax* code? Does that mean the jokes
> concerning "Windows NT - WNT - one shift along from VMS" have
> some substance? I thought they were based on the cyberspace version of
> a urban legend. (Would that be "cyberpolitan legend"?)

See
http://www.winntmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?IssueID=97&ArticleID=4494

The primary VMS architect went to work for Microsoft, and most of the
core NT development team had formerly worked with VMS development.
The similarities between the VMS and NT architectures are striking.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

"Wow--look! She really *is* smart!" -Tom Servo. #106