kernel 2.4.20 dma problem

I recently moved from 2.4.18 to 2.4.20 in the debian packages for kernel-image.

I'm now getting hit with a pile of dma seek/write errors on at least one machine. And lost&found it getting files! So this is a real problem.

lilo.conf has and append=/dev/hda=autotune which has been there for about 3 years now.

hdparm isn't even installed.

Unless there is something that I'm missing, I think that this is a real bug in the kernel-image for the K7 build.
--
The universe is an island, surrounded by whatever it is that surrounds
universes.