kyocera printer configuration

I'm trying to get a kyocera FS-1900 printer set up under Linux.
It's a "jetdirect" type of network printer.

I'm find a ton of packages for different PPD files, which I assume I need one of them right now.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to procede?

I have two machines to set up. One is semi-installed with PDQ and the other is unconfigured. Printing will be rare, so smaller applications would be preferred if there is such a selection
--
The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons.
		-- F. Dostoyevski