Re: [OT] boot CD from grub?

Shri Shrikumar <shri@urbyte.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 00:11, Jens Grivolla wrote:
>> Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately it seems to only boot from IDE
>> drives, but it is an interesting pointer in the right direction.
>
> What about http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/cdrom/
>
> I dont think it is GPL though.

Thanks a lot.  Unfortunately, it seems it doesn't actually boot from
CD but rather boots DOS with CD drivers installed, and Knoppix
e.g. cannot be loaded directly from there (however, one can easily
make a Knoppix boot floppy).

Since Debian and M$ boot-CDs can be started from DOS this solution is
good enough, I don't think I'll look any further for the "real thing".

So, thanks again for your help.

Ciao,
   Jens