Re: ide-scsi

    "Christof" == Christof Hurschler <hurschler@gmx.de> writes:

    Christof> newbie quesiton, I'm running 2.4.-18-k6 from the deb in
    Christof> woody: how can I keep ide-scsi from grabbing all my
    Christof> cdroms and zip i.e.

Many answers are possible. One way is to ensure that ide-cd is loaded
first, and you tell ide-cd to ignore the device you want ide-scsi to
catch.

One way (the best way IMHO on Debian) to do this can be achieved by
creating a file in /etc/modutils/ with these relationships
specified. I will quote myself quoting myself on how I did it:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200302/msg00292.html

I do not have a zip drive so I can't help you with it since I'm not
sure if it is the IDE floppy driver you need to preload or
not. Whatever the driver is, just have it modproed as a pre-install to
ide-scsi and you should be on your way.

Cheers!
Shyamal