RE: Multiple network interfaces

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 14:37, Juan dominguez wrote:
> I physically add another NIC, but when I try  modconf it doesn't show
> the module of the NIC becouse it was compiled as a part of the kernel
> so i can't load this module but the other NIC is working (both NIC's
> are the same model )
>
> thanks for yopur cooperation!
>
>  "deFreese, Barry" <Barry.deFreese@nike.com> wrote:

Okay, two points to deal with:

1) Please don't top post - this isn't Jeopardy
2) Linux, iirc, requires a kernel driver for each individual ethernet
card, meaning that if you have two or more identical ethernet cards, you
need the driver twice. The only way to do that is to compile it as a
module, rather than into the kernel, and then set it up in /etc/modules
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org