Re: FW: FW: Retrieving mail from a web based mail service?

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 13:28, stan wrote:
> Is there any way to retrieve mail from a web based mail service, and feed
> it to. let's say procmail?
>
> Here's the scenario. My companby has recently changed from providing POP2
> based mail acces to a web browser based solution.
>
> I was using fetchmail to retireve tha mail and pass it on to sendmail on my
> workstation. Then I could use mutt to read it. I _am_ still able to _send_
> mail using sendmail.
>
> I was wondering if there was nything like fetchmail for web based access"?
>
> Yes, I know how ugly this is :-(
>
> --
> "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> neither liberty nor safety."
> 						-- Benjamin Franklin

Although FetchYahoo is doing effectively that, it does it by loading in
and interpretting the Yahoo Mail webpages, and extracting the emails
from that. Conceptually, it works, and in practice, it is working, but
to be used elsewhere, it must be largely rewritten to deal with the
structure of your company's webmail webpages. Not a nice task.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org