web preferred to attachments (was Re: my helvetica looks ugly)

* Roman Joost <romanjoost@gmx.de> [20030325 00:17 PST]:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 12:01:06AM +0100, Matthias Hentges wrote:
> > Am Mon, 2003-03-24 um 19.28 schrieb Roman Joost:
> > > I was wondering, that my X fonts are looking very ugly now.
> > I had the same problem after some apt-get upgrade'ing.
> > A reboot fixed it for me.
> Hm.. no.. a reboot don't fixed it. I attached the screenshot, which i
> forget on the last mail...

A better way is to post a screenshot on the web, and send the URL to the
list.  This is better for a multitude of reasons.  To name one, I'm
reading this using ssh to connect to my mailserver and using a console
mailreader (mutt).  In order to view your image, I'd have to save it to
a file, then transfer it to my local machine, then view it.
Alternatively, if you gave me an URL, I could just view it straight from
the web in my browser.  However, even though I won't be viewing this
image, I've already "paid" for it in terms of my mailserver downloading
it (my monthly transfer rate is limited) and storing it (so is my disk
quota).

This isn't meant as any sort of chastisement, just a tip: you'll get
more help if you make it more convenent for people to help you.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/