Re: setting up RAID

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 12:20:55PM +0200, Konstantin Kostadinov wrote:

> > G'day all,
> > I'm setting up a RAID1 set in debian 3r0.
> > I checked /proc/mdstat & got the following:
> > Personalities: [raid1]
> > read_ahead not set
> > unused devices: <none>
> >
> > hmmm, I got RAID support, woopeee
> > I setup a /etc/raidtab file like this:
> > raiddev /dev/md0
> > raid-level	0
> > nr-raid-disks	2
> > nr-spare-disks	0
> > chunk-size	4
> > persistant-superblock	1
> > device	/dev/hde1
> > raid-disk	0
> > device	/dev/hdg1
> > raid-disk	1
> >
> > BUT when I run "mkraid /dev/md0" I get command not found (sob sob sob, I
>
> U must install raidtools2 package ;)
  ^
 "you", surely?  (sorry, pet peeve).

For an alternate path to RAID fun, install the "mdadm" package and
read the man page.  Good stuff.  I used mdadmto build my RAID over LVM
system here; it was pretty hassle free.

  I must despise the world which does not know that music is a
  higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.
          -- Ludwig van Beethoven