Re: Some bug with x-server ?

Ondřej Kužel wrote:

I cant start X-server. When i try it say somethig about wrong cofiguration.
I tried set configuration manualy, but it had not helped me. In attachment i
send log file. Configuration of my computer is:

CPU : AMD Duron 950
Motherboard : MICROSTAR K7T Turbo2 Lite
Grafic card : NVIDIA GeForce2 MX200 32MB
OS : Debian Woody RC1

What can I do to eliminate this problem ?

(**) NV(0): Option "UseFBDev" "true"

You might try setting this option in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to "false". Other than that, search the mailing list archives for "nvidia" for the past 3 months or so. I seem to recall a lot of similar discussion. Not having an nvidia card, I didn't pay much attention, but I vaguely remember instructions to go to nvidia's web site and download their binary drivers. But again, don't trust me; search the archives. Or perhaps someone else here today can address the question.

Kent