Applying own set of changes to source -- howto create a deb-file

Dear all,

administering several Debian boxes, I make use of some patches created
for particular codes my users got used to it.

Since I am fascinated of the Debian package system an dwould like to
make use of the system for easy package distribution, I would like to
integrate these patches into the source and create the debs.

Searching the web has not led me to the explanation I have been
looking for.

My approach:

  apt-get source <package>
  cd <package>-<version>
  su -c "dpkg-buildpackage"

Is this the correct way to go?

Further, I run my own local mirror of unstable.  Is there any way to
have a freshly created package being inserted into this mirror without
the package being overwritten everytime a debmirror is run during the
night?

Thanks for any help!

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |