Re: Apache problem:mod_unique_id

Terry Milnes wrote:
Apache no longer starts after apt-getting some files. I now have the following error in my error.log:
mod_unique_id: unable to gethostbyname("ATHEOS")
Any help would be appreciated. TIA! NeoFax
Hi,
I am not familiar wit mod_unique_id but this seems more like an error with your /etc/hosts or hostname setup.

Make sure your /etc/hosts has an entry similar to this:

127.0.0.1	localhost atheos

And your /etc/hostname has at least

atheos

in it. That should work and if it doesn't it could be something related to unique_id.

  Andre