Re: CONFIG_FILTER

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 09:01:54AM -0900, Greg Madden wrote:

I have a practical suggestion to Debian people who set out to compile
their own kernel: Start with the config file that Debian places in
/boot This config file should produce a kernel just like the one you
are already running. Use make config or whatever to modify only those
settings in this file that you KNOW your want to set differently. The
resulting kernel should have the new features that you want AND
features that you did have but didn't know you needed will still be
there.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@quiknet.com