Re: CONFIG_FILTER

gomadtroll@gci.net said:
> My guess at a solution would be to enable this option in the kernel
> source .config files, as long as it didn't create more issues than it
> solves.

That's probably a good idea. You should file a wishlist bug against a
kernel-source package if there isn't one already.

CONFIG_FILTER is pretty harmless; it just allows the user of a raw
socket to specify that it should only see certain types of packets and
filter out everything else without waking the process.

Jason