Re: Is my hard drive dying?

Am Mon, 2003-03-24 um 23.16 schrieb Andrew Pritchard:

[...]

> Does this mean my drive is dying? I've not had any problems with the machine
> till now.

Hate to say it, but yes it looks like you'd better get a backup done.
Or try to mkfs the entire drive (delete and recreate all partitions).
That *may* help if your partition table is faulty.

HTH

--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice