Re: When will Sarge become Stable ?

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 00:35, Carl Fink wrote:
> I've said this way more than enough times, but MORE THAN A YEAR for
> another stable release?  This isn't a bad joke?
> --
> Carl Fink               carlf@dm.net
> Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum
> <http://dm.net>

Got a $1,000,000,000 donation for SPI so that it can subcontract all the
employers of the Debian Maintainers to let them work to have a release
ready in substantively less time?

These are volunteers, after all, and they don't control the underlying
code - they just prepare smoothly installing packages that work on an
amazing number of supported platforms, and eventually under numerous
kernels, while trying to pay their own bills, have a family and personal
life, and keep up with all of the discussions pertinent to them within
the Debian community. More than a few Maintainers take on the
responsibility for numerous key packages because of their interest but
also the knowledge that it is essential to have the package supported
and, with a gulp and possibly some momentary resignation, they take it
under their wing in addition to all else they handle.

If you think you can put together a release more frequently, might I
suggest launching your own Debian-derived distribution.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org