Re: Official Exim 4 package

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

> Not so.  "exim" is a base package.  That doesn't mean that "exim4" would
> have to be a base package.  It would just be another _optional_ package.

Why isn't there just a exim4 package that provides "mail-transport-agent",
so that it could be used like any other alternative MTA???

Exim 4 has been in release almost a year.  The lack of an "official" exim
4 package (even in testing or unstable) prevents me from converting a
number of servers to debian.

The most important questions..  Who should we be contacting about this?
Where is the exim4 debate actually being discussed?  Who are the powers
that be for this package?  What can I do to help the release???

-Jeff