Re: Sound on via8233

I've got alsa working with the via8233 southbridge.  I'm running
unstable so I have access to the alsa 1.0 sources, but I'm currently
using alsa compiled with 0.9.0rc6 I believe.  I found the following site
at linuxorbit to be very helpful:
http://www.linuxorbit.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=541&page=1
I've found alsa to be a joy, although I can't wait for 2.6 when it'll be
included in the kernel.  That'll alleviate all of these problems with
getting it installed & configured (hopefully).  Oh, I'm using the
2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel, and I haven't had as much luck with the 2.4.20-686
kernel.  But, to be honest I haven't really tried all that hard with
it.  Goodluck.