RE: Can't Send Mail, Mozilla Problem? Please Help

I don't know what packages I upgraded, just that recently there was a large group of upgrades. After I ran apt-get dist-upgrade and then try to send from mozilla there is about a 30 second delay during which the sending message is displayed and then mozilla reports that the SMTP link could not be established. The SMTP setting are correct for my daughter's DSL connection.

As a test I just tried replying to the list from mutt. If there is a problem, mutt does not know the transmission failed.

Tom George