Re: KDE Not Upgrading

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 21:49, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> nate wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > in situations like this, if theres a package I want, and it doesn't
> > upgrade from running apt-get upgrade, I usually call it via install
> >
> > e.g.
> >
> > apt-get install ark artsbuilder karm ..etc..
> >
> > you probably only have to do a couple, chances are that the packages
> > depend on some common thing that for some reason the system doesn't
> > want to install by itself. but the specific instruction to install
> > a specific package, in my experience, will trigger the system to
> > do so. Be careful, take a look at what it will install, I reccmend
> > doing an apt-get -s first, to simulate what will be installed.
> >
> > nate
> >

> Thank you thank you thank you! After messing around in dependency hell
> (and actually having KDE and KDM removed) I finally have KDE3! :)

I look at upgrading, but it has the libvorbis0a package situation, which
will remove too many applications I use far more frequently than I touch
any aspect of KDE. As such, I'll hold off until that is fixed up...
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org