RE: Offtopic : MS Linux :) -- joke or ??

hi ya

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Jack Pistachio wrote:

> Note the bottome of the page:
>
> How do I get MS Linux?

... i wouldnt be surprised if they did come out wiht their
    own version ...

... i woulnt be surprised if they bought out the rights
    to some of the "walking-dead linux vendors" that
    has ( had ) a good market share in some areas

... there are probably over 200 linux flavors...

... remember when there was over 100 flavors of DOS..
    before somebody at ms had a good idea ... which
    wiped everybody off

==== GPL should be modified to say ... that a corp entity
    cannot buy the dead company's IP to merge it into
    their own new widgets

-- as an example .... MS buys turbolinux or buys suse
  or even buy redhat .... and all hell will break loose
	- GPL should prohibit such things if at all possible

-- only major difference between each linux distro is
   "the way people install the other flavors of linux distro"
	- same OS, same bash, same mta, same apache, ...etc..

time to put on the extra heavy duty flame suit...
( thanx for listening/reading )
c ya
alvin