Re: font size

* Ruediger Noack <ernohl@yahoo.de> [20030320 13:01 PST]:
> Paladin wrote:
> >Do you have xfonts-100dpi-transcoded (and/or 75dpi) installed?
> >
> ---snip---
> ii  xfonts-100dpi-transcoded 4.1.0-16  100 dpi fonts for X (transcoded
> ii  xfonts-75dpi-transcoded  4.1.0-16  75 dpi fonts for X (transcoded
> ii  xfonts-base-transcoded   4.1.0-16  standard fonts for X (transcoded
> ---snip---
>
> I think all the neccasary fonts are installed on my system (because of
> the font size problem appears only with ISO-8859-15 charsets). But where
> have I to configure the default fonts to this charset?

There was a discussion about dpi here a couple of weeks ago.  Since
then, I've taken to adding a DisplaySize directive to each of my Monitor
sections.  On my laptop, which is often docked at different stations
with different monitors running at different resolutions, etc., this
enables X to know how many pixels per point I'm using, and it knows how
tall to draw a 12 point font to make it 12 points (1/6 of an inch) tall.
This way, switching to monitors at different resolutions doesn't mean my
fonts shrink and grow; it means my desktop area does instead.

This is probably not be a complete answer to your troubles, but maybe
searching the archives for that thread (sorry, don't remember the
Subject) will help.

Also, what does the Files section of your XF86Config-4 look like?

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/