Re: Mozilla Spam Filter [was: Re: ignore the spam. don't reply to it.]

David P James wrote:
Klaus Imgrund was roused into action on 2003-03-19 14:29 and wrote:

anybody ever got the mozilla spamfilter to do some actual filtering?
I hear it's great but it doesn't do anything for me.

Yes, I have got it working for me. I don't know what you have done but you have to compile the "corpus" in the Junk folder and mark it all as Junk. You might have to close down Mozilla and restart it. After that it is just a matter of tweaking it. I had a few false positives at the beginning but none since then. Still getting false negatives but a lot of them are spam messages with a single (usually pornographic) image that can't really be filtered at present. I trust you have got it enabled under Tools?

Thanks for your help,
I compiled it again and now it does work.Seems I got something screwed up when I built it the first time.
Didn't get any porn so far today but I'll watch what happens if I do.

Klaus

BTW - You are the first guy in a long time that accused of rousing into action.Usually it goes more like "In a rare wake moment" ;-)