Re: How do I get the install disks to recognize my network?

On Wednesday, March 19, 2003, at 07:28PM, <ronin2@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

>If the floppies are from Woodyr1 I can't think of anything else to
>suggest (except maybe bugging your burning friends some more).

Oh, working on that, believe you me, though ao far my friends don't quite follow. ".iso? Like on the chips on Star Trek?".

In the mean time, I'm working under the assumption that I have the newest versions of the bf24 floppies, but, just in case...

uname-ing the install disks gives me

Linux (none) 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i686 unknown

and the intro to the install system says

"This is the Debian installation system, somewhat inaccurately named 'boot-floppies', version 3.0.23,

This installation set was built on 2002-05-15 by Adam Di Carlo <aph@debian.org>"

John Kenneth Fisher
johnkfisher@mac.com