Re: [OT] New Mobo, etc

Bill wrote:
Hi,

FYI Those MSI boards can go up to a 2600 with a BIOS Update. Gotta love MSI!
:-) You have to change the memory though but it's a cheap upgrade for those
that want the speed.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/cpu_support/cpu/spt_cpu_detail.php?UID
=386&NAME=MS-6593

Then only bad part I see out of it is that the FSB doesn't change. It's
still 266Mhz.

Another question.

My computer was actually supposed to work up to something like 1500MHz, but I've only been able to get it to go ~1200MHz. Still plenty fast enough, but I've been curious about what the problem could be.

For example, if you go into the BIOS and select 'high performance settings', it ups everything to the theoretical max speed for your configuration (I believe). Problem is, I can't even do a POST with that setup; it fails at the RAM test. So I've decreased the clock rate a little at a time until I found one that was stable.

Any ideas what the problem could be? I got the machine mailorder.

--
Bobman